Parkland Immigrants

Quick Poll

Have you ever been to the Parkland Region of Manitoba ?

Important Documents

Documents you must have to enter Canada

Canadian permanent resident visa for you and each family member travelling with you; the permanent resident visa includes your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and your entry visa
a valid passport or other travel document for each family member travelling with you
two copies of a detailed list of all the personal or household items you are bringing with you (and the amount the items are worth)
two copies of a list of items that are arriving later
proof that you have enough money to cover living expenses - rent, food, clothing and transportation for six months

NOTE: Keep these documents with you, not in your luggage, because you must show them to immigration and customs officers when you first arrive in Canada. For forms and additional information visit Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA). Check the CBSA brochure Importing Goods to see if you have any personal or household items that you cannot bring into the country.

Documents you will need during your first days here
birth certificates or baptismal certificates
marriage certificates
adoption, separation or divorce papers
school, college or university diplomas and certificates including course descriptions
trade or professional certificates and licenses
letters of reference from former employers (on company letterhead)
a list of your educational and professional qualifications and job experience